The 2019 lecture programme was packed full of highly engaging topics. The speakers at this year’s event are top clinicians in their respective fields as well as multi-award winners, so you’re sure to leave the show feeling inspired and energised.
More speakers will be announced soon.
During the seminar, you’ll discover that any business success relies on the three concepts of attraction, conversion and retention of patients. If you can master all 3, you’ll be able to turbo boost your profits from facial aesthetics. Also, these concepts can be utilised in your dentistry business too.
Key learning aims, objectives and outcomes:
Dr Harry Singh has been carrying out facial aesthetics since 2002 and has treated over 5,000 cases. He is a leading light in the UK facial aesthetics profession. He is a trainer for Medfx and Galderma and on the editorial board of Aesthetic Medicine. He was awarded the Fellowship of The-International-Academy-for-Dental-Facial aesthetics.
He is not only a skilful facial aesthetician but a keen marketer which he feels is vital to attract and retain patients requesting facial aesthetic services. He has published numerous articles on the clinical and non-clinical aspects of facial aesthetics and spoken at dental and facial aesthetics conferences on these topics.
He runs numerous clinical and non-clinical workshops for his training company – www.botulinumtoxinclub.co.uk which is one of the most prolific winners of awards in the UK, including the winner of the Most Outstanding Business of the year in 2018
• Discussion of the contemporary dental material available and the laboratory techniques for the fabrication of full crowns, inlays and onlays.
• Understanding how the range of dental materials available for fabricating full crowns, and the laboratory fabrication techniques, influence your preparation dimensions and design.
• Understanding the digital workflow for scanning and fabricating full crowns.
• Discuss the selection of materials available for the bonding and cementation of crowns.
Key learning aims, objectives and outcomes:
• Greater understanding of the current principles involved in tooth preparation for full coverage crowns and how the dimensions of your tooth preparation will vary depending on the desired outcome.
• Familiarisation with contemporary dental materials and laboratory fabrication methods used to make full coverage crowns and how this influences your preparation.
• Familiarisation with intra-oral scanning procedures.
• Understanding the digital workflow for full crowns.
• Greater understanding of the bonding and cementation protocols for crowns and the available materials.
To create highly aesthetic and 100% individual restorations, the notion of predictability and 3D virtual reproduction of the patient face are core concepts for effective digital workflows. DT Sergio Polisi will explain innovative technologies for the digital acquisition of the patient’s oral situation and physiognomy, which can be captured and imported in the software in a 1:1 ratio – that is, with no loss of precious information. By showing real patient cases, he will describe how the treatment team can improve patient satisfaction through workflows that enable a reduction of chair-side appointments and the realistic preview of the final prostheses, for 100% individual restorations. Within this framework, new 3D virtual face animation and articulation concepts for a faster design of implant-supported Toronto bridges will also be outlined.
• Recognise the importance of digital patient diagnostics
• Identify the advantages of a 3D virtual patient-based treatment planning for 100% individual and aesthetic restorations
• Evaluate new working concepts for faster and smart design of implant-supported Toronto bridges
Learning outcomes: A/B/C
Steger Dental Laboratory, Brunico, Italy
Dental technician, R&D, course instructor, lecturer for Zirkonzahn at many international conferences
2016 – 2018
Luke Barnett Dental Laboratory, Watford, United Kingdom
2015 – 2016
Ceramiart Dental Laboratory, London, United Kingdom
2010 – 2015
Protesika Dental Laboratory. Palermo, Italy
Dental Technician Supervisor
2005 – 2010
Ernesto Ascione School of dental technology, Palermo, Italy
This inspiring lecture is packed with excellent clinical tips that dentists can immediately use to improve their clinical dentistry and standard of patient care.
Ash will explain some of his best clinical tips that he uses daily in private practice including diagnostic, communication, aesthetic, restorative and occlusion skills.
Key learning aims and objectives:
• 20 useful clinical tips to help any dentist.
• Learn techniques that will improve accuracy and save time.
• Simple ways to offer better, longer lasting dentistry for patients.
• Strategies to help focus a dentist to do more private dentistry.
Ash is a private dentist and has a unique state-of-the-art dental practice in London called Smile Design By Ash (www.smiledesignbyash.co.uk). More about Ash: –
• A leading cosmetic dentist.
• National and international lecturer.
• Has been extensively featured in national magazines, newspapers and TV programmes such as Extreme Makeover UK, The Only Way Is Essex, This Morning Breakfast Show, Body Shockers and Channel 5 News.
• Has a training academy teaching dentists from all over UK and Europe (www.theacademybyash.co.uk).
• Accepts referrals from dentists for complex wear, restorative and Smile Makeover cases